Saturday, September 5, 2009

Exeter Cemetery


I figured since I had a blog called Cemeteries and Headstones, I should post this one. This is my grandson that was born in July and only lived 2 1/2 days. We were very sad to see him go and it was so unexpected. It isn't necessarily a headstone I wanted to 'collect' but thought I would anyway. We love him.

Me and Dad went to Exeter to see if Justin's headstone was placed this week. Here it is! We cleaned out all the letters and the extra cement from the sides. I guess we missed that little piece of grass on the right side! Dad says we can take another picture next time we go there. It looks really nice. Although, I will have to admit, it is a little unsettling to see Jennifer's name there and still makes me sad that it is the only place we can visit Justin! We are going to bring some silk flowers for the fancy vase and hope no one takes the vase. Also, I bought some extra pinwheels when I finally found them, so I will bring another one to put with the flowers. We think we can leave the flowers and the pinwheel now that the headstone is in place. We have been watching the other grave sites in the cemetery and they have the same flowers on them every time we go, even though the sign says they take them every Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gravestone. We also went for something simple for my grandfathers grave. We got in touch with Headstones Hertfordshire who were very helpful.